Easy way to research mobility requirements

The AICPA and NASBA have set up a website that allows CPAs to quickly look up the practice privilege requirements in another state.  The site, CPAmobility asks three questions:

  • where is your principal residence,
  • where are you going to perform services
  • what type of services (SAS, PCAOB, SSAE, SSARS).

Click submit and out pops the short answer on mobility requirements.

I ran a few options through the site. Based on my very limited sample, there is a good chance you will be contacting the state board for more info, but this is a superb way to start your research. On the other hand, your entire research might be done after about 30 seconds.

For lots more info, visit the site linked above. For a descriptive article from Going Concern, visit NASBA and AICPA Launch New Site to Take the Guesswork Out of Mobility.

(Hat tip – Going Concern)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *