While I’ve been getting a book into print and writing some CPE classes during the last few months, Charles Hall has posted a bunch of great articles of interest to CPAs. Haven’t mentioned any of them yet. Here’s a few that I think would be most helpful for you.
- Audit Lessons from a Brain Tumor – His successful battle with brain cancer gave lessons learned that can be applied anywhere, even the middle of an audit. Great story.
- Evernote for CPAs – Great tool for accumulating your own personal library of resource articles. I use it all the time.
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Independence – You will be hearing a lot more about SKE – skills, knowledge, and experience
Here’s some more posts that would well be worth your time.
Maybe go through a few a day.
- Peer Reviews to Exclude “Preparation Services”
- Impairment of Independence and Prior Year Fees
- Yellow Book Independence and Preparing Financial Statements – Sufficient SKE
- Yellow Book: Preparation of Financial Statements – Threat to Independence?
- A Whack on the Side of the Head by Roger von Oech (Creative Think)
- The Power of Story in Teaching CPAs
- Assessing Audit Control Risk (and Saving Time)
- Another Arrow in Your Quiver: The AICPA Consulting Standards
- Fraud Prevention for (Very) Small Governments – good for small NPOs too.
- Four Steps to Making Memorable Presentations